Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You are speaking to me, More

I completely could relate to the beginning first few paragraphs. Page 6 he talks about how his whole day is devoted to others and by the end of the day there is nothing left for himself. I feel the constant pull of other things in my life and have no time to devote to myself. Full-time college, two part-time jobs, a child in kindergarten, a puppy, a horse, and keeping up with my own home... you can only imagine. Isn't it so true how time does go by so quickly. We surround ourselves with so many tasks that are required in order to get through the daily routines of life, but doing so we lose on so much.


I can understand how wonderful it must have felt for him to complete Utopia. He had been working on it for so long and interchangeably with so many parts of life that always seem to get in the way. These things aren't "bad" they are just things that keep us from consuming our lives with ourselves. Family is a big part in all of it. For some it is their jobs. That is why the doctor always tells the patient who just had the heart attack, "Go get rest and take time for yourself." It really is an important thing to do. So while I'm sitting here reading our new book, Utopia, I am using this time as "me" time...even though I really consider it homework time.

No comments:

Post a Comment