Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Minority Report


The film Minority Report was in my humble opinion a pretty decent picture. I admit there were definitely some elements that put me off, and some were really questionable as to whether they would be actually viable. For instance, the whole notion of how the balls are created exactly. Still the movie was well done in that it was a fun movie to watch and also showcased some talented acting. Now I have criticized Tom Cruise in the past for playing the same roles over and over, but most time when he has a new movie coming out I will still go to see it. One might ask what exactly does all this have to do with a utopia? Well, I would say it’s the notion of the whole free will versus predestination debate. My simple opinion on this and please do remember that opinions are like ass holes in that everyone has one, is that while humans will always have the free will to do whatever they so aptly desire there is also some credence to the whole predetermination philosophy. While I am usually totally against believing that because something happened to someone then that same something will happen to someone else, but this is actually true when it comes to humans in terms of our health. For instance if your family has a history of addiction the there is a strong CHANCE (notice that word please) that you will have an addictive personality. The same can be said for high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and the list I’m sure goes on and on. The overall point I would like make is that nothing will ever completely, 100 percent accurately predict how a person’s life will turn out but, if you look at adverse effects from the past, both internal and external, it may help in some slight way to at least explain to a person what he or she should do or avoid in order to have a better life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment