Friday, May 3, 2013

I Have Lost the Ability to CAN

So it literally took me 4 hours to figure out how to watch The Island last night. The internet was such crap that the video wasn't loading and I could not find a place to buy it online. I almost punched my computer into space. SPACE.

And in the end it wasn't even worth it. Now, it wasn't completely awful or anything but it just made me sangry (sad angry). This is the reason why I don't watch movies because they are so emotionally draining. The chase scenes make me anxious as hell and then I get irrationally mad at movie characters. I love Scarlet Johanson, she is my wife, but she I couldn't get into this movie.

My main issue is that the 'evil' in this movie is way too tweed-ily mustache for me. To view the clone versions of their clients as products is too much for me to fully grasp. I mean, people get uncomfortable hearing the cries of a furby, let alone they would all sit and watch a grown man get dragged away by his calves. I know that this is true in certain environments and if the environment is severe enough it can cause people to become horrible. This is how huge human atrocities happen but my issue is that they didn't dehumanize the clones.

The people in the silo where the clones were kept, unaware of the world outside, that helped by feeding the clones and teaching them aren't treating them like they are less than human. This is why the idea that these workers would sit and watch as the clones were attacked and treated in this way. I am 100% sure that there would be more than one Mac in this movie.

I don't even feel like I'm being overly optimistic about humanity at this point. I think that the fact that we have gotten this far as a race is enough for me to confidently say that I think more than two people would see the the atrocities and at least report the company to a reporter for a paltry sum of money.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't forget that it's a Michael Bay movie, they're all about shock and awe.

    As towards your comment about optimism in humanity, I don't know. I like the idea that there would always be somebody who would stand up for you in a time of crisis, but I know realistically it's not always the case.

    ReplyDelete